Are you about to open up a bank account, get married, schedule surgery or make a business presentation? The date you select can have a tremendous impact on the outcome.
In Asia, people do not schedule major life events without first checking to see whether a certain date is auspicious – with the planets aligned in your favor for a certain event. This may sound silly to westerners, but Classical Feng Shui calculations can in fact assess whether a particular date has good energy for you and can support an auspicious outcome for the actions you take upon that date.
In today’s economy, who can afford not to use every edge in making plans and moving forward?
Here are 5 situations where Feng Shui date selection can make all the difference:
1. A Major Purchase A Classical Feng Shui practitioner can pinpoint an auspicious date by matching your energy to the right combination of planetary influences. For instance, Feng Shui can reveal days when the combination of influences will virtually guarantee that the car you buy on those dates will give you trouble – and could even attract multiple accidents. Even if you’re not a reckless driver, an inauspicious purchase date can set the tone for what’s ahead.
Case in point: Someone I know bought a brand new Audi a few years ago. He had it regularly serviced by an experienced mechanic. But a few months ago, the car’s engine broke down completely. Even worse, the damage was caused by a small error on the part of the mechanic which voided the car’s warranty. The Audi owner was left with a completely worthless car on which he still owed a substantial amount of money. I went back and looked at the actual purchase date and what I saw shocked me: The stars on this day for this particular person indicated that the purchase would be “short lived”.
2. Making Investments If you buy investments on a day when there is money luck in your unique Feng Shui chart, you will make money. If there’s no money luck in your chart, you WILL NOT make money – guaranteed. Yes, even in this volatile market, you can still make money IF you choose the right date. But on an inauspicious day, even a pick that’s touted as a “darling” of Wall Street will still result in a loss for you. That’s right: even if the price of that stock rises over time, the energies of that investment are still linked to the inauspicious energies at work the day you bought it and inevitably circumstances in your own life will cause you to have to sell at a loss. Keep in mind, everything in the universe is energy and while everything appears random, nothing is a coincidence.
3. Surgery If you need surgery or a medical procedure, selecting an auspicious date is of paramount importance. Suppose, for instance, you’re having surgery to remove a cancerous or even a benign tumor. You don’t want to have that procedure on a day when certain energetic influences favor “regrowth”. Instead, you want to pick a day where the energies will help ensure that the tumor will not grow back. Similarly, if you’re undergoing plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons, you want to select a date that indicates you will be pleased with the results – and help you avoid a botched nose job, complications from a face lift or other unpleasant surprises.
4. Business Decisions If you’re submitting proposals, opening up a bank account, taking on a partner, or even incorporating your business, date selection can give you a significant advantage. Even if you’re undertaking advertising or marketing projects, certain planetary influences can make your efforts easier – and give you an advantage over competitors. Suppose, for example, that you want to incorporate your new business. Choosing an auspicious date is critical because it becomes the birthdate of your business. Through Feng Shui, you can look ahead and find a date that is marked for you with money-making potential. I had a client whose business simply limped along despite all the hard work she poured into it. After analyzing her incorporation date, I suggested she close the old corporation and reincorporate on a new date. Within less than 6 weeks of reincorporating on a date that had strong money-luck potential, her business started booming like she had never experienced before. She wasn’t working harder — but her business horoscope was now working with her rather than against her.
5. Renovating If you’re planning on renovating your home, the date on which work begins is crucial. In India, there are even certain times during the year when no construction work takes place because of certain inauspicious energies. When you combine your own Feng Shui horoscope with planetary influences, certain dates can indicate energies that will attract major delays, shoddy construction, and disappointing results. You’ve heard horror stories where contractors run off with the money and leave the job unfinished. Taking the precaution of picking a “good” date can help prevent that from happening – and it can help make sure the improvements live up to your highest expectations.
Bottom line: Your decisions and actions take on the energetic pattern of the days when they are “born”. By taking the time to select auspicious days, you can literally make a date with prosperity.
(c) 2009 Rupal Mehta Turner